Africa for Jesus Ministries International is an international Christian relief and development organization whose mission is to tackle the root causes of poverty in Burkina Faso and other African countries.
Africa for Jesus Ministries International goals are to embrace community development and advocacy for the poor, AND to help poor children and their families build a sustainable future and have a productive lifestyle.
Africa for Jesus in Burkina Faso: Africa for Jesus Ministries has been working in Burkina Faso since 2007, trying to establish water, agriculture and literacy projects. By 2011, Africa for Jesus Ministries will establish longer-term community-based Area Development Programmes (ADPs).
Today, Africa for Jesus Ministries is working toward:
• increasing access to clean drinking water, through the drilling and equipping of boreholes, and training community committees and mechanics to manage and maintain the water supply.
• building and improving primary schools to increase attendance rates; providing school uniforms and supplies to school children; and building literacy skills in local languages among adults.
• increasing community access to healthcare by building and equipping health facilities, training local health workers, immunizing children, teaching mothers about nutrition and good hygiene, and increasing awareness about HIV and AIDS.
• introducing farmers to new agricultural techniques and providing seeds to increase crop yields.
• helping families launch small businesses to increase their incomes.
• organizing and training community leaders for better community management.